Saturday, November 12, 2011

Procrastination

If there is one thing I'm good at, its not doing stuff. For example, here is a list of things I am not currently doing:

-Studying for my final nursing exam
-Preparing for my job interview on Tuesday
-Putting away the dishes on the sink
-Hanging out the washing
-Doing the 30 Day Shred DVD
-Showering and getting out of my PJs
-Shopping for ingredients to cook dinner tonight.

Why yes, I am still in my pyjamas at 5pm, its a Saturday and I'm home alone, don't judge me.

The problem is that I really should be doing all of those things, preferably before 7, because thats when Sam gets home. He has been working all day, so I like to make it look like I have been at least a tiny bit productive.

It's not all bad news, here are some things I've done today:

-Checked the letterbox (no post on Saturdays)
-Did some pinning on Pinterest
-Tracked my WW points for the day
-Facebook stalked a few people
-Watched some funny youtube videos
-Plucked a strange long hair I found growning out of my arm
-Threw away a container of something I found in the fridge. I think it was once a mushroom risotto.

So this is the part where I run around like a headless chook trying to cram a days worth of activity into an hour and a half. You would think after 22 years of leaving things to the last minute, I would have learned some handy tips for last minute task completion, but sadly my mind draws a blank.

Should you be doing something else right now? Do you have any procrastination busting tips or tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment