Saturday, November 12, 2011

Weighty Issues.

This morning I jumped on my scales and they flashed me a very familiar number: 83.6kg. (Thats 184lbs for you imperial folks). On my 172cm (5'8") frame thats equal to a BMI of 28.3, making me overweight.

I don't really think of myself as overweight or fat. In the last 4 years I've weighed as much as 90kg (198lbs), and as little as 76kg (167lbs). Mentally I've always felt pretty much the same no matter my weight; I'm loud, witty, and comfortable in my own skin. I think having a wonderful fiance who loves me no matter what has a lot to do with my general body confidence.

Physically however, I loathe my current weight. I'm constantly tired, I can't run and jump and play, my thighs rub together in the heat and give me a painful friction rash. Being overweight isn't fun, its a drain on my life that could be relieved by dropping some weight.

But my most pressing reason for wanting to lose weight is the clothes. I'm in love with so many styles I see in the stores and on the streets, yet when I try to wear them I find they either don't look good, don't sit right, or worst of all, don't come in an (Australian) size 16.

Today I joined Weight Watchers online. I've had success with WW in the past, back in 2009 I lost 12kg with them, but I've only managed to keep off half of it. This time around I intend to make it to my goal, complete the maintenance phase, and keep the weight off for life. For now I'm just aiming to lose 5kg, but ideally 10-15 would be great.

So today is day 1! Look out for my update after my first weigh in next Saturday!

Have you lost weight with Weight Watchers or another method? I'd love to hear your story!

No comments:

Post a Comment