Thursday, December 29, 2011

Holidays Schmolidays

It has been 3 days since my last christmas party, and I still haven't decided if I had a good time or not. There were a few great moments over the long weekend, but also some horrible ones.

I'd consider the following to be good points:
-We got some great gifts.
-The food was amazing.
-I got to spend some quality time with my baby sister Bella.
-We weren't rushing around nearly as much as we were last year.

And the not-so-good points:
-Sam and I had a couple of big fights about going to multiple family parties.
-After going to a lot of effort to give a nice personalised gift to my Kris Kringle recipient, I got a gift card from my KK, which is really just lazy.
-Staying with Sam's parents for the weekend was awkward at times when his parents would argue.
-I had a splitting headache on Christmas Day that just wouldn't go away.
-We didn't get to spend any time with Sam's extended family.

So in summary, it was an ok weekend, but if I want to have good memories of Christmas 2011 I need to focus on remembering Bella sitting on my knee eating the 'tanas' out of my plum pudding, and not the fuming silences after Sam told me he didn't want to spend time with my family.

I'll leave you now with a modern christmas song by one of my favourite comedians Tim Minchin. This song made me cry twice, and pretty much sums up a typical Aussie Christmas like the ones I grew up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment