Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year Resolute.

I do not have a good track record when it comes to New Year Resolutions. For example, I cannot even remember what my resolutions were last year. I don't think I've ever actually completed a resolution that was challenging rather than inevitable. I don't think "Turn 18" is a resolution as much as it is a natural aging progression, great goal setting 17-year-old self.

2011 was a hard year for my partner and I. We moved away from friends and family to a new city 90 minutes away. It has been lonely and isolating for me at times, especially when Sam has to work in Melbourne 4 days a week due to the lack of jobs in Ballarat. My final year of studying for my nursing degree has been stressful and anxiety producing, to the point where I sometimes need sleeping tablets to doze off.

If 2011 did one good thing for me though, it was inspiring me that I CAN lose weight if I am willing to work hard. Two of my close friends have lose a significant amout of weight in the last 12 months, one has gone from a size 18-20 to a 12-14, the other has lost about 15 kilos (33 pounds) and is around a size 8-10. Neither of them did any crazy diets; they both watched what they ate, moved their bodies more, and stayed focused on their goal. What an inspiration!

I have one and a half resolutions for 2012. Sam and I are sharing a common goal to pay off all our credit card debt. (All $8,000 of it! Stay tuned for more details.) Sam's personal resolution is to kick those last few cigarettes and officially quit smoking. My resolution for 2012 is to lose weight, 12 kilos to be precise. (26.5 pounds.)

I have posted previously about Weight Watchers and my plans to lose weight here. Since that post, with the holiday season I have actually gained 2 kilos. The 3 4 wonderfully delicious chocolate brownies I have eaten just today haven't helped. Needless to say I haven't actually been following the Weight Watchers program properly.

So my resolution is to lose 12 kilos by eating foods that are better for me, and moving my body more. I'm planning to blog about my progress, so check in and see how I'm going as 2012 progresses!

Also, if you are reading, please leave me a comment. It would really make my day, and I'd love to return the favour!

Do you have a new years resolution?

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I've been doing WW online since October or so, but pretty much gave up on it over the holidays. Back to it now, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wandered over from over at WB - :)

    I didn't make NYRs this year but my general goals sound the same - lose a little weight, get in better shape, pay off some debt! Will be interested to hear about your journey with WW - I'm trying to eat clean and I'm not following any particular diet, but I hear such good things about WW that I'm interested in their methods. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete